Instructions for Submitting an Abstract
Each presenter is allowed to give one oral paper and one poster.
- The only exception is when a person has been asked to participate in two symposia. In that case, the person can give two oral papers (and zero posters). Each person can be on multiple (>2) titles, but can only give one oral paper and one poster.
- When you visit the site for the first time, please click on the link on the top line.
- You will be asked to register with the site. If this is your first abstract submission for the 2017 meeting, you must create a new account in the abstract submission system.
- After you register, you will receive an email with a set of 2017 abstract instructions attached.
PLEASE NOTE: Abstracts will be entered directly into a box on the submission page. You do not need to use a template or upload a file. You can cut and paste directly from Word or copy any text into the box.
- We continue to have the option of oral “lightning” talks.
These are 5-minute talks, 10 slides maximum, no questions from the audience following the talk.
Lightning talks provide a good forum for presenting preliminary research or for putting out a call for data, feedback, or collaboration.
- You can edit your submission and information up to the end of abstract submission: March 22, 2017. There will be no deadline extensions.
- Please avoid the use of language or visual effects that would in any way offend your colleagues. Refrain from lewd or suggestive jokes, photographs, and offensive language.
- If you fail to receive an email after you submit, please check your spam filter, the message may be spammed. If you have any problems, contact Marty Crump.
- *In order to present in Austin, all presenters, including symposia presenters, must register and pay for the meeting. Meeting registration is done through a separate online system accessed from the Registration Information page and requires a separate login (username and password). Your username and password are not necessarily the same for the two systems.