CARL GANS WORKSHOP
Saturday, July 15, 2017
8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
The Carl Gans workshop is dedicated to the style and substance or Dr. Carl Gans.
This workshop will include presentations on remembering how Carl wove anatomy and life history characteristics together, an introduction to the world of digital imagery, axes of investigation and will wrap up with a Q&A with the presenters and an audience participation activity. Lunch is included.
To be eligible for this event, you must have registered for this at the time of your conference registration to attend JMIH 2017 in Austin.
- Short presentations remembering how Carl wove anatomy and life history characteristics together
- Introduction to the world of digital imagery
- Presenters answer specific questions from participants and participants experiment with new data tools and online guides
- Wrap up
- How can you take advantage of the availability of 3-D morphology to make inferences about function based on observations of natural history?
- Audience participation…get laptops/iPads going and start spinning skeletons (example: Sarcastic Fringehead)
Questions? Contact Stephanie Crofts.
Principally funded by the Gans Collections and Charitable Fund, Inc Supplemental Funding from MicroPhotonics