Nelson Joins K-State Conference Services Team

Brandi-Nelson_Pro-picThe Conferences and Noncredit Programs team at Kansas State University Global Campus has welcomed a new program coordinator, Brandi Nelson. Originally from Salina, Kansas, Nelson will primarily focus on conferences and programs for the College of Architecture, Planning and Design and the College of Arts and Sciences.

Nelson earned a bachelor’s degree in political science with a secondary major in natural resources and environmental sciences from K-State, and a master’s in resource policy and behavior with a specialty in environmental justice from the University of Michigan.

Before accepting the conference coordinator position at K-State Global Campus, Nelson worked as an evaluations program coordinator in the Office of Educational Innovation and Evaluation at K-State. She also spent two years working for K-State Research and Extension in the communications and agricultural education department as coordinator of the Kansas Environmental Leadership Program.

Nelson said her love for event planning and knowledge of academic services is what drew her to the coordinator position at K-State Global Campus.

“I’m excited to be able to further develop my event planning skills and learn more about the industry,” Nelson said. “I’m looking forward to learning from other members of the team, and hopefully bringing on some new programs and conferences.”

With her extensive background in the environmental industry, Nelson believes she can help the conference team branch out to this area.

“I’m more familiar with the sciences, so I’m able to add a new and different perspective to the team,” Nelson said. “I’ve also worked in extension before, so I feel that my experience here will be a benefit as well.”