CELA invites proposals for posters, papers, panels and films to be presented at its 2015 conference. While it is expected that topics which engage the conference theme will be foregrounded, proposals that relate in any way to the tracks are, as always, welcome. Submissions should contribute to one of the thirteen CELA tracks.
- Each person is limited to two first-author submissions in order to provide opportunities for as many participants as possible. Additional submissions beyond two will be automatically withdrawn by the conference committee without notifying the author.
- CELA encourages student submissions. PhD students may submit as single author. All other students must be co-authored with a faculty advisor. Abstracts without this specification will be withdrawn without notifying the author.
- Panels are integrated presentations on a single topic offered by four or five people. Panel proposals require a full description of the topic, the rationale for its importance, presentation structure, and four names of the panelists who have committed to participate as speakers. Panels will be scheduled with concurrent paper sessions.
- All abstracts are limited to a maximum of 400 words.
- After the abstract is accepted, the first author must register and attend the conference in order for the abstract (and paper if submitted) to be included in the conference proceedings.
- Conference sessions will be scheduled based on first author only and on panel participation.
- Please note that the OpenConference system will be open to accept submissions in May. You are encouraged to continue with your proposals but please do not attempt to submit them until that date.
- The Design Implementation, Landscape Performance, Landscape Planning and Ecology, and Sustainability tracks are eligible for LA CES credit. Since these tracks embrace issues of health, safety, and welfare, additional submission requirements are needed that include (1) learning objectives and outcomes and (2) bios of all authors. Samples of both may be found at the OpenConference abstract submission website. Further information is on the ASLA LA CES website.
- Extension of the abstract deadline is not anticipated unless the number of abstracts submitted is not sufficient for a viable conference. For guaranteed review of your abstract, submit by August 21, 2014.